Tuesday, April 27, 2010

The Sweetest Cinnamon Buns...


Fun fact: Cinnamon rolls come from Sweden and the original name for them is Kanelbulle (Canelle is the French word for cinnamon).  The Swedish actually have a National Cinnamon Bun Day on October 4th! So make sure to enjoy a cinnamon roll that day, maybe you can even give this recipe a go J


Who doesn’t love cinnamon? The smell…the taste…it is simply delicious! I decided to try my first batch of cinnamon rolls ever and so far out of everything that I have baked, I can confidently say that this recipe was the most exciting.


Best part about it is being surprised by the extreme rise in the yeast dough after letting it sit for nearly 2 hours and then the smell when they bake…absolutely to die for!


Since I am living the student life-style for this year, I get to enjoy my Mondays off, which is such a treat! On one of my lovely Mondays, I got the inspiration to put on my apron and give this recipe a go. You definitely need time for this one. It involves many steps and long waiting times in between. And it is SO worth it in the end. 


Yummy!!!


3 comments:

Si said...

BEST EVER... Stella, u r such an asset! cant believe i just said asset. too much acccounting for me today..

Baked In Love said...

Thanks Suzzie! Yup, a bit too much accounting for you there but I'm glad I can be an asset in our household. Many more recipes to look forward to :)

Being Brazen said...

I NEED to try make these - yummers

 
Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio