European summertime - a time for sunshine, barbecues, long days, lake swimming and STONE FRUIT! Eat them plain or select from an endless list of dessert options. I simply love them - Peaches, cherries, nectarines, plums and apricots.
It is hard to go wrong with a good crumble. The sweetness and gooeyness of the fruit mixed with the crunchy crumble topping. Uiiiii, it makes me smile just thinking about it.
Serve it warm or cold, with vanilla sauce, ice cream or whipped cream. Cherries, peaches, rhubarb, apples...mix, match and GO CRAZY!
This is a cherry crumble a la Stella, packed with goodness and plenty of LOVE!
Cherry Crumble a la Stella
6 cups Cherries (I used cherries out of a jar)
1 cups white sugar (200gr) - YOu can use less if you want it less sweet
1/4 cup water (62 ml)
5 tsp cornstarch
1 cup rolled oats (90gr)
1 cup flour (125gr)
1/2 brown sugar (62gr)
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 cup butter (113 gr)
1. Preheat the oven to 175 C (350 F)
2. Place filling ingredients in a hot pan and simmer until the filling thickens (5-10 min)
3. Combine the crumble ingredients using your hands until you reach your desired crumble. Set aside.
4. Butter a deeper baking dish (I used a 9"x13" for a thin crumble). Place the filling into the dish and cover with the crumble. Sprinkle with some vanilla sugar if desired
5. Bake for 35-40 min or until golden brown
6. Serve warm or cold with whipped cream, vanilla sauce or ice cream