Those who know me well would have at one point or another tasted my deliciously moist, home-made banana bread. This is the only recipe I have been baking consistently for the past 5 years and I will continue to do so! The recipe has gone around for a while in my close circles but I have not yet launched it on Baked In Love.
Simple to make and absolutely delicious. It will always be a favourite.
Stella's Banana Bread
2 eggs (beaten)
1/3 cup buttermilk (80 ml)
½ cup vegetable oil (120ml)
1 cup mashed bananas (3-4 ripe)
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup white sugar (128gr)
½ cup brown sugar (64gr)
1 ¾ cup flour (224gr)
1 tsp baking soda
½ tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
1. Preheat the oven to 165C
2. Butter a bread pan. Once greased on all sides, sprinkle brown sugar on all sides. Set aside.
3. Beat the eggs. Add the buttermilk, vegetable oil, vanilla extract. Mix all ingredients on a low speed until combined. Add the bananas and mix until combined.
4. In a separate bowl, combine all dry ingredients.
5. Add dry ingredients to the moist mixture and mix until just combine. Fold in chocolate chips. Do not overmix.
6. Pour the batter into the pre-prepared pan. Sprinkle additional chocolate chips on the surface of the batter.
7. Bake for 50min-1hr. Surface should be golden brown and the inside still slightly moist.
8. Love it!