The Snickerdoodle. Who can ignore that name? A type of cookie rolled in cinnamon sugar, which you will come across everywhere in the States. They are characterized by their cracked surface – they are crisp on the outside and soft and gooey on the inside. A yummy treat.
And the coolest fact about these cookies? Some claim that snickerdoodles are German in origin, and that the name is a corruption of the German word Schneckennudeln (lit. ‘snail noodles), cinnamon dusted sweet rolls which are common in Germany.
So why turn Snickerdoodle cookies into Sickerdoodle Bread? Because it tastes amazing! The cinnamon taste and dense, yet moist texture, makes this a lovely treat for breakfast, brunch or any occasion really!
• 2 1/2 cups flour
• 1 tsp. baking powder
• 1/2 tsp. salt
• 2 tsp. cinnamon
• 1 cup butter softened
• 2 cups sugar
• 3 eggs
• 1 tsp. vanilla
• 3/4 cup sour cream
• 1 pkg. Hershey's cinnamon chips (I used chocolate chips, which worked well!)
• 3 TB sugar
• 3 tsp. cinnamon
1. Cream butter, sugar, salt and cinnamon until fluffy. Add eggs and mix well.
2. Add vanilla and sour cream and mix well.
3. Mix flour and baking powder in a separate bowl. Add to wet ingredients and mix until all combined.
4. Add cinnamon chips and stir into batter. Set aside.
5. Spoon batter into 4 mini loaf pans until about 2/3 full.
6. Mix 3 T. sugar and 3 t. cinnamon in a bowl and sprinkle over the batter in each loaf pan.
7. Bake at 350 for 35-38 minutes. Let cool before removing from pan.