Looking for a place where life automatically slows down? A place that makes you want to walk barefoot and let the days pass not according to the tick of your watch, but rather to the rhythm of the ocean tides.
Welcome to Byron Bay, a North Shore – like personality with a dash of glamour.
Health food stores, arts & crafts markets, longboard riding, pastel-coloured cruiser bicycles, yoga studios, organic food cafes, beads and batiks. People living in this coastal town are aware of how good they have it. This satisfaction with life reflects a positivity and ease, which can be seen throughout Byron Bay, making it truly welcoming and warm.
So whether a backpacker looking to crack that goon, a honeymooner in for a romantic escape or traveling in wealth and glamour, Byron Bay suits all and does not judge. It allows you to relax and re-energize…at your own pace.
Although one of the most beautiful spots on this vast continent, Byron Bay is humble, petite and will always be a true gem for all those reasons and more.
Eat & Drink:
- Twisted Sista – Have a mega muffin or just pick from their epic food selection at their counter.
- Conscious Café – Vegan, tastefully decorated and HEALTHY.
- Kinoko Sushi - Amazing sushi rolls and stunning Japanese salads. Yum.
- The Beach Hotel – Prime location and a must for when in Byron Bay. Day or night, you will never be alone at this famous drinking hole.
- The Italian – Right beside the Beach Hotel. Have one of their glamorous and tasty cocktails underneath their twinkling fairylights.
- Harvest Café – This place alone makes it worthwhile to hire a car and drive out to Newry Bar for an unforgettable foodie experience. It attracts foodies from across the country, which says enough. It is a must.
- Longboard, picnic, sunbathe or just relax at Wategos Beach
- Do the Lighthouse walk and once at the top, don’t forget to walk to the side that overlooks the long, white-sanded Tallows beach. Your eyes will twinkle with joy.
- Check out the monthly Byron Bay Markets for a huge selection of eclectic treats and goodies.
- If you’re not in town long enough to catch the monthly markets, you can always grab fresh produce, juices and baked goods at the weekly food markets. Thursday mornings in Byron Bay and Friday mornings in nearby Mullumbimby.